WHY OUTSOURCE EDI?
Implementing EDI in your business is something you can choose to do in-house, or you can outsource everything to an EDI service provider. The key advantages to outsourcing EDI are big savings in time and money.
Building Your In-House EDI Network and Team
Implementing and using EDI requires several time-consuming and costly steps. Below is a general guideline for in-house EDI implementation:
- Hire staff or consultants to implement EDI
- Research, purchase, install, and configure EDI software and hardware required for EDI
- Translate and map EDI data to meet requirements for EDI compliance
- Set up and test EDI transactions with each trading partner
- Manage ongoing EDI needs, such as maintenance and upgrades
- Create training for new EDI users in your organization
Essentially, you end up investing more time and money, while assuming more responsibility for EDI compliance and ongoing support. EDI is intended to improve efficiency, not increase costs and hassle.
And this is why thousands of businesses opt to outsource their EDI service.