BOLD VAN Ensures You Comply with All EDI Requirements from Home Depot
Home Depot is the largest home improvement retailer in the United States with around 2,270 stores across the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and China. Home Depot has over 370,000 employees and generates over $83 billion per year.
If your business sells tools, home appliances, construction and renovation materials, garden tools and plants, and other home goods – Home Depot is the ideal retailer for your brand.
Partnering with Home Depot requires you to meet their specifications for EDI compliance to communicate over a VAN (value added network). Below are the general EDI requirements from Home Depot for approved vendors and suppliers.
Requirements for EDI Compliance with Home Depot:
- 810 Invoice
- 812 Credit/Debit Adjustment
- 820 Remittance Advice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 856 Advanced Ship Notice
- 860 Purchase Order Change Request
- 864 ASN Text Message
- 997 Detailed Acknowledgement
- GS1-128 shipping labels
The good news is BOLD VAN will handle the setup and configuration for all of these requirements for you!
Additional Home Depot Compliance Information:
Home Depot uses a cross docking logistics system that delivers goods from a contractor to their retail stores through a network of distribution centers. This method keeps products moving steadily and reduces costs by avoiding unnecessary handling and storage time.
As a Home Depot supplier, you will need to meet their specific shipping label and ASN requirements to keep their cross docking system operating smoothly.
Home Depot uses both the SOIP and SOPI formats for ASNs:
- SOIP – Shipment, Order, Item, and Pack. (Standard Pack) Used for shipments of one type of item.
- SOPI – Shipment, Order, Pack, and Item. (Pick and Pack) Used for shipments with more than one type of item.
When sending your ASN, it should include the Bill of Lading number, shipper’s weight, carrier name, SCAC code, shipped date, order contact name, purchase order information, and details about the packing of the goods shipped. Home Depot uses Pallet Labels and Cross Dock Pallet Labels when filling purchase orders.
All BOLD VAN Rates Include the Following White-Glove Services:
- Provide you with necessary EDI Software
- Install EDI Software on your site
- Configure your VAN for EDI exchange with Home Depot
- Work with you to test the VAN and all EDI protocols with Home Depot
- Support and maintain EDI software on your site
Become EDI compliant with Home Depot by outsourcing your EDI to BOLD VAN!