BOLD VAN Can Prepare Your Business to Meet Kohl’s EDI Requirements
Kohl’s is the second-largest chain of department stores in America. They have over 1,100 stores and generate more than $19 billion in annual sales.
Kohl’s sells clothing, housewares, bedding, jewelry, footwear, beauty products, furniture, and electronics. A company as large as Kohl’s that sells a variety of goods presents big opportunities for a broad range of vendors. However, to become an approved Kohl’s vendor you will first need to meet their EDI requirements.
Requirements for EDI Compliance with Kohl’s:
- 753 Request for Routing Instructions
- 754 Routing Instructions
- 810 Invoice
- 816 Organizational Relationships
- 820 Payment Remittance Advice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 855 Purchase Order Response
- 856 Advanced Ship Notice
- 997 Acknowledgement
- Branded packing slips for drop shipments
- GS1-128 barcode shipping labels
The good news for BOLD VAN customers is that they don’t need to worry about the setup and configuration for these requirements.
Kohl’s Shipping Label Compliance:
Kohl’s uses a value-added network (VAN) for EDI communication, as well as AS2 Peer to Peer (with approval only). For shipping labels, Kohl’s uses both SOPI and SOIP ASN formats.
- SOPI – Shipment, Order, Pack, and Item. (Pick and Pack) Generally used for shipments that contain more than one type of product.
- SOIP – Shipment, Order, Item, Pack. (Standard Pack) Typically used for shipments that contain only one product type.
When You Sign Up For BOLD VAN, We Will:
- Provide you with necessary EDI Software
- Install EDI Software on your site
- Configure your VAN for EDI exchange with Kohl’s
- Work with you to test the VAN and all EDI protocols with Kohl’s
- Support and maintain EDI software on your site
Get EDI compliant with Kohl’s at no extra charge!