BOLD VAN Prepares Your Business to Meet the EDI Requirements of Publix Super Markets, Inc.
Publix Super Markets, Inc. is a U.S. supermarket chain with over 1,100 stores spread across Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia. In 2015, Publix earned over $32.4 billion in sales and in 2016 they moved up to the #87 spot on the Fortune 500 list.
Products sold by Publix include a wide assortment of groceries, pharmacy goods, lottery tickets, money orders, and liquor. Their growing popularity and retail footprint in the Southeast make Publix an attractive retailer for tons of suppliers.
Before you can be a trading partner with Publix, you will have to comply with their EDI requirements and communicate with them over a VAN (value added network). Below we outline the requirements for EDI compliance with Publix to be one of their approved vendors.
Requirements for EDI Compliance with Publix:
- 810 Invoice
- 820 Payment Order/Remittance Advice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 864 Text Message
- 875 Grocery Purchase Order
- 880 Grocery Invoice
- 894 Delivery/Return Base Record
- 895 Delivery/Return Acknowledgment or Adjustment
- 997 Acknowledgement
Of course, as a BOLD VAN customer, you won’t have to worry about setting up and configuring any of these EDI requirements.
Additional Publix Compliance Information
Publix has specific requirements for the following categories:
- Retail product supplier
- Ingredient/supply product supplier
- Publix branded product supplier
- Transportation supplier
- Facilities maintenance supplier
- Technology product or service supplier
Most of their supplier guidelines concern ethics, insurance requirements, payment terms, and other non-EDI topics. For everything related to EDI, BOLD VAN will ensure you are fully compliant as we have with many other Publix vendors.
Included in the Standard Rate, BOLD VAN Will:
- Provide you with necessary EDI Software
- Install EDI Software on your site
- Configure your VAN for EDI exchange with Publix
- Work with you to test the VAN and all EDI protocols with Publix
- Support and maintain EDI software on your site
BOLD VAN will get your company EDI compliant with Publix quickly!