Meet All of Walgreens’ EDI Requirements with Help From BOLD VAN
Walgreens is the second-largest pharmacy retail chain in America with over 8,000 locations. In addition to providing pharmaceutical medication and over-the-counter drugs, Walgreens sells food and beverage items that you would find in a convenience store, novelty gifts, clothing, accessories, tobacco, and alcohol.
Walgreens well-placed retail stores and profitable business model makes them a delightful partner for a wide variety of product suppliers. Like most large retailers, Walgreens uses EDI over a value-added network (VAN) for B2B communication. Part of becoming an approved vendor of Walgreens is meeting their requirements for EDI compliance.
Requirements for EDI Compliance with Walgreens:
- 810 Invoice
- 820 Payment Remittance Advice
- 850 Purchase Order
- 852 Product Activity Data
- 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgment
- 856 Advanced Ship Notice
- 997 Acknowledgement Document
- GS1-128 shipping labels
The good news is you don’t need to worry about the setup and configuration for these requirements as a BOLD VAN customer.
Walgreens’ Shipping Label Compliance:
As is common with many large retailers, Walgreens uses a cross docking system to lower supply chain costs and maintain a consistent flow of products from suppliers to retail stores through their distribution centers. In conjunction with this system, Walgreens uses both SOPI and SOTI ASN formats.
- SOPI – Shipment, Order, Pack, and Item. (Pick and Pack) Suppliers often use individual carbon labels with this ASN format.
- SOTI – Shipment, Order, Tare, Item. Suppliers frequently use pallet labels with this ASN format.
When You Sign Up For BOLD VAN, We Will:
- Provide you with necessary EDI Software
- Install EDI Software on your site
- Configure your VAN for EDI exchange with Walgreens
- Work with you to test the VAN and all EDI protocols with Walgreens
- Support and maintain EDI software on your site
Get EDI compliant with Walgreens at no extra charge!